Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Hat -Trick!!!


The monsoons are here and while it might not be raining cats and dogs out there, it’s just perfect to cuddle up on your couch with a glass of wine (chocolate milk or whatever is your guilty pleasure) and an old romantic movie on the TV. My favourite is My Fair Lady with a glass of red wine and my quilt by my side. And of course I practise what I preach, in fact, I practised last night and boy oh boy, was it fun.
So there I was, sitting in front of my TV and watching My Fair Lady with apt attention, and suddenly it dawned on me that we girls always dreamt about our prince charming to be perfect, which would mean that they were to be perfect gentlemen down to their attire. I am sure none of us dreamt that our prince charming would come to whisk us away in shorts or slippers.
But gone are those days, hey don’t get me wrong I am not against comfortable clothing nor do I want a Lancelot by my side, however you have to admit that the charm eluded by a sharply dressed man……... So, let’s just bygone be bygones and move on. Fortunately, the cherry on top is back.
Yes, I do mean the HATS and the best part is it can be easily incorporated in your casual or semi casual or formal attires. And I mean it you can just easily pick out your favourite jeans and t-shirt and team it up with a fedora or a trilby as you would blindly team it up with your suits.  And a newsboy cap or a flat hat is second to none, when teamed up with nice trousers and sweatshirts or sweaters. While solid colours are always a favourite with everyone, even stylish celebs, checked seem to be quite in vogue. However, if you are not a huge fan of checks but still want to break away from traditional yet classic, try picking out one in solid bright colours like purple or red or any colour  your heart tickles. So what are you guys waiting for go out and be the Prince of your story!!!!!!
Ciao for now.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.flickr.com/photos/85307470@N03/7814988130/in/photostream

    - Hats off to ashima ! - Dr. Kalyan, Rajni and Shravan

    ReplyDelete